Practicing any of the previous year question papers will certainly give you some overview idea of how to clear the same at its best. Getting admission with IIM will be the major ambition for most of the MBA Aspirants. You can certainly achieve the same dream with the help of XAT and CAT Examinations for sure. Hope you know, this year CAT 2016 Examination notification will be unveiled by mid of June 2016. We help you to prepare accordingly for the upcoming CAT & XAT 2016 Exams by providing the sample questions to sharpen your brain. Make the most of it.
Data Sufficiency & QA Sample Questions for CAT & XAT 2016
1. A man has 9 friends: 4 boys and 5 girls. In how many ways can he invite them, if there have to be exactly 3 girls that should be invited?
a. 320 b. 160 c. 80 d. 200
2. In a watch, the minute hand crosses the hour hand for the third time exactly after every 3 hr 18 min and 15 s of watch time. What is the time gained or lost by this watch in one day?
a. 14 min 10 s lost b. 13 min 50 s lost c. 13 min 20 s gained d. 14 min 40 s gained
3. I sold two watches for Rs. 300 each, one at the loss of 10% and the other at the profit of 10%. What is the percentage of loss(-) or profit(+) that resulted from the transaction?
a. (+)10 b. (-)1 c. (+)1 d. (-)10
Direction for Questions 4 to 10: Each question is followed by two statements, I and II. Mark the answer as
a. if the question cannot be answered even with the help of both the statements taken together.
b. if the question can be answered by any one of the two statements.
c. if each statement alone is sufficient to answer the question, but not the other one (e.g. statement I alone is required to answer the question, but not statement II and vice versa).
d. if both statements I and II together are needed to answer the question.
4. What is the ratio of the two liquids A and B in the mixture finally, if these two liquids kept in three vessels are mixed together? (The containers are of equal volume.)
I. The ratio of liquid A to liquid B in the first and second vessel is 3 : 5, 2 : 3 respectively.
II. The ratio of liquid A to liquid B in vessel 3 is 4 : 3.
5. What is the cost price of the article?
I. After selling the article, a loss of 25% on cost price is incurred.
II. The selling price is three-fourths of the cost price.
6. What is the selling price of the article?
I. The profit on sales is 20%.
II. The profit on each unit is 25% and the cost price is Rs. 250.
7. How many different triangles can be formed?
I. There are 16 coplanar, straight lines.
II. No two lines are parallel.
8. What is the total worth of Lakhiram's assets?
I. A compound interest at 10% on his assets, followed by a tax of 4% on the interest, fetches him Rs. 1,500 this year.
II. The interest is compounded once every four months.
9. How old is Sachin in 1997?
I. Sachin is 11 years younger than Anil whose age will be a prime number in 1998.
II. Anil's age was a prime number in 1996.
10. What is the number of type-2 widgets produced, if the total number of widgets produced is 20,000?
I. If the production of type-1 widgets increases by 10% and that of type-2 decreases by 6%, the total production remains the same.
II. The ratio in which type-1 and type-2 widgets are produced is 2 : 1
We hope you tried your best to get the right results. Thanks for your try. If you still unable to get the correct answers for the above given previous years and sample QA & Data Sufficiency Questions for the CAT & XAT exams, refer the given below answers.
CAT 2016 Sample Question Answers for Data Sufficiency & QA Topics:
1(b) 2(b) 3(b) 4(a) 5(a) 6(c) 7(a) 8(d) 9(a) 10(b)
To know about MGU CAT 2016 admissions visit this page: